HVAC, Plumbing Services Los Lunas NM
- Licensed & Insured Technicians
- Repair, Service & Maintain most Makes & Models
- Emergency Repair when you need it!
Los Lunas Water Treatment
Even though your community regulates and sets standards for safe water, some people use a home water treatment unit to supplement the city’s water treatment process. The home water treatment options may be used because it removes specific contaminants. The contaminants may affect a household member that has a compromised immune system and it also Improves the taste of drinking water.
Household water treatment systems are composed of two categories: point-of-use and point-of-entry. Point-of-entry systems are typically installed after the water meter and treat all of the water entering your home. Point-of-use systems are treat water in batches and deliver water to a tap, such as a kitchen or bathroom sink.
The most common types of household water treatment systems consist of:
- Filtration Systems – A water filter removes impurities from water by means of a physical barrier, chemical, and/or biological process.
- Water Softeners – A water softener reduces the hardness of the water. A water softener typically uses sodium or potassium ions to replace calcium and magnesium ions, the ions that create “hardness.”
- Distillation Systems – Distillation removes impurities by boiling impure water and the steam is collected and condensed in a separate container, which leaves most of the solid contaminants behind.
- Disinfection – a physical or chemical process in which pathogenic microorganisms are deactivated or killed using chlorine, chlorine dioxide, ozone, ultraviolet light, electronic radiation, or heat.
A Gee Whiz can help you determine which system will meet your needs. On our water treatment maintenance calls, we will:
- Perform basic check for proper operation and regeneration cycle
- Check timer for proper time of day
- Inspect plumbing to Softener for leaks and proper insulation
- Visually inspect Back Flow preventer
- Visually inspect expansion tank on Water Heater.(if customer is home at time of inspection)
- Check salt levels and add up to 5 bags if needed and Haul off all empty salt bags when complete (Except for Carbon Filters)
- Clean the brine tank (Except for Carbon Filters)
- Test hardness of water before and after to ensure proper function of the unit/system (Carbon Filters will have a Chlorine test instead of hardness test)
Quarterly Water Treatment Maintenance Agreements:
Maintenance Agreements can only be purchased at time of first service, once a licensed technician has had an opportunity to inspect and evaluate your systems performance. The Quarterly Water Treatment Maintenance Plan is a pre-payment plan that includes 4 visits per year at a highly discounted rate to thank you for your ongoing business.
*Any repairs needed will be additional unless under warranty through A Gee Whiz Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning. Contact us for more information.
You can call Abacus Plumbing & Air Conditioning in Los Lunas at 505-322-6200 or visit www.agwmechanical.com for questions and scheduling information or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AGW-Mechanical-1611758462407259/.